Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas TV Specials, Movies and More

I love watching many of the same Christmas specials that I watched when I was a kid. For me no Christmas season is complete without watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, How the Grinch Stole Christmas and a Charlie Brown Christmas. I remember when I was young my Mom would have to check the TV listings so we didn't miss the one time each year the shows were on television. I remember anxiously looking forward to those special nights so I could watch the shows with my family. Of course, now things are a bit easier, we have DVDs, on Demand and DVRs so all the planning that went into the schedule to ensure we were home that one night a year doesn't exist. Now, we simply pull out the video, hit a few buttons and the show is there whenever we are ready to watch. It's a nice luxury to have the shows at our fingertips, but I have to admit the old way felt more special and added to the tradition of Christmas.

What are your favorite holidays movies? Do you have any special traditions that you celebrate when you watch them? I'm still waiting to watch a few more of my favorites before this Christmas season is over. I can't wait to see White Christmas, Miracle of 34th Street and Elf.

No comments: